Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Enchiladas

I love any type of "kit" that makes my life easier:

Exhibit A:
These babies keep Joey and me well fed and leave enough for lunch the next day.
The recipe on the box doesn't actually call for onions - but we can never resist a little tweaking of our own on these simple 3 step kits.
Once you brown your beef, drain, and add back in your onions...you just add the seasoning packet and a little water. Your house should be smelling amazing by now.

These kits come with tortillas, enchilada sauce and seasoning packet. I used 1 lb. of ground beef and it is perfect for six enchiladas. To scoop, just use 1/3 c measuring cup. Spread thin, and roll up. Once finished rolling all up, they will look like this:
Yum. Sometimes I just want to top with lettuce, cheese and sour cream and be done - but the real magic is in the enchilada sauce.

To all you foodies - (well no one reads this, but if you did) - I don't care that the sauce is not "homemade" enchilada sauce. This was a hell of a lot easier than messing up my kitchen for 2 cups of sauce. ;)
Top with cheese, cover with foil, and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. End Result?


This only costs $5 to make, including beef, cheese, and kit.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment